Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Step 3 Organization is Key

Ok now we all know the I clip coupons but forget them. Or wait I have coupons that I intend to use but remember them after they have expired. Organization is key to couponing; organization is what helps make or break your coupon experience.

Order Your Coupon Binder

I have tried two different methods: Organize by Date & Organize by Category.

Organize by Date

This method you spend less time up front but more time when its time to get ready to shop!

I don't have time to clip all my coupons that come in the Sunday paper and then place them in my binder. With this method I only clip the coupons that I need. I'm letting you know this before you start 3/4 of your coupons will be thrown out! I don't spend time clipping coupons unnecessarily.

When you receive your coupons place the date on front page inserts. You can store your inserts in a sheet protector or expanding file folder.



Organize by Category

This method is what I started with but it took too much time up front. When it came time to shopping though there was less time spent gathering my coupons. Organizing by category takes a few hours a week to clip and organize all of your coupons. I would spend at least 2 hours each Sunday on clipping and organizing.

In a few posts back you can order a coupon binder ready to go all you have to do is insert your coupons and put the categories the way you shop or Click HERE. This method makes preparing to shop quick and easy because your coupons are already clipped and organized.

It is recommended to have your coupon binder with you at all times. The coupon binders I prepare have the coupon policies already included along with other coupon important information. No worries I do all the leg work for you! Believe it or not cashiers don't understand the coupon policies and will challenge you. If you have your coupon policy with you at all times you can reference it.

Look at you, you are becoming a well prepared couponer! Let's move on to the next step on when to use your coupons.




No comments:

Post a Comment